Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mrs. M's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Anyone who knows me knows my favorite thing to do in the kitchen is bake yummy treats. It's not so much that I'm a cookie monster myself, but I have found that most people will smile if you bring them homemade cookies, cakes, pies, or cinnamon rolls.

With that in mind, don't forget to share the love with these recipes (not that I'll tell if you eat the entire bowl of cookie dough yourself....)

My chocolate chip cookies are famous around here. I teach and advise a student group at the local high school, and I have found that attendance at monthly meetings rises dramatically if I promise to bring my homemade cookies. I have even had students join my program solely for the purpose of having regular access to my chocolate chip cookies. To me they're just me they're just another cookie, but everyone raves about them so I'll let you judge for yourself.

Mrs. M's Chocolate Chip Cookies (as named by my students)

1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream together butter, sugars, and pudding mix. Add eggs and vanilla and beat thoroughly. Add salt and baking soda, beating after each addition. Slowly add flour, scraping down sides of bowl as you go. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Drop by rounded teaspoon (or, better yet, use a cookie scoop) onto cookie sheets (I prefer to line mine with parchment paper). Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until centers are set and edges are golden brown. Enjoy (and don't forget to share!).

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Must try these...as I am always on the look out for the next best chocolate chip cookie recipe, espeically since I have a dear Mr. Cookie Monster who lives at my house.